Friday, November 18, 2016

Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them



Hello, there! How are you? Hope you're well and happy.

On 18th November 2016, I watched Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them. It was amazing, awesome, and of course fantastic! Before I give you my review on this, please if you have not seen the movie yet and you hate spoilers, I strongly recommend you to stop reading. Come back here after you watch it.

However, if you're the person who is fine knowing some of details from the movie, you may proceed.


Hey, don't say that I did not warn you, alright?


---- SPOILER ALERT ----


As a big fan of Harry Potter (books, films, and everythingthing in between) the fact that there is another film about Wizarding World after Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2, I am beyond happy. And as a potterhead, we all know a little bit about Newt Scamander.

Relax. Even if you're not a fan of Harry Potter, you will still understand the story and enjoy the film. However, as a potterhead, you got a little, if not much, advantages of knowing some information that was already in Harry Potter books. On top of that, we may connect a few dots that linked the era of Harry Potter with the Fantastic Beasts era.

Alright, here we go.

Before I watch the film, I didn't watch either any interviews or read any articles about it. The only thing I did was watched the official trailer. Oh yes, I knew that Johnny Depp will be on the second film, and apparently The Fantastic Beasts will have 4 more movies to come. That's all.

As you may already know, Newt comes to America with a suitcase full of creatures. Some people say the story is kind of dragging. Well, it may be. But, I realised that this movie is like a door to a new era, the first chapter of a book where J.K Rowling introduces us to her new characters with a great development and story. While watching the movie, I was too fascinated to see more of the Wizarding World and too busy to handle my own excitement. Lol.

Yes, this film is full of CGI and I'm not bothered with it. It's called magic, people. Deal with it.

My favourite scenes are when Queenie made strudel, Newt and Jacob went inside the suitcase, when Newt and Jacob took care of Newt's creatures, when Thunderbird was out of the suitcase - I love Thunderbird!, when Tina and Newt said "goodbye" to each others, and the scene where Newt said "Revelio"... *drumrolls* then suddenly we were able to see Gellert Grindelwald.

Johnny Depp is Gellert Grindelwald, people! I was surprised and excited. It was unexpected.

All of the casts are amazing. Especially Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander.  The Newt's dance that made me wondering what the hell was he doing, the odd, quirky, and genius in him, and  the love for his beasts. I think, I have to agree that Eddie Redmayne is the perfect cast. Well, perhaps it is because he is Newt Scamander. Right?

I love every tiny bits of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Even though some scenes creeps me out. For example, every time Modesty singing that weird song about wizards and witches and when New York covered with darkness.

Oh yes, additional information, in case you haven't noticed yet. Apparently the word 'Obscurus' is not a new thing in Wizarding World.

After watching the film, I have this mix feelings about being able to watch and to know more about the Wizarding World. Because, I used to get information from a book first or an article in Pottermore. But this is different. I have no idea what will happen next - except the timeline and the duel between Grindelwald and Dumbledore, who is who, who's going to die, how important the characters' roles are, who's connected to who, what's the background story, et cetera. Oh well, I guess, I just have to wait until November 2018 to discover more.

Until then.. see ya!

L

-------------
PS: I think I'm going to watch this film (again) but in IMAX 3D

http://www.fantasticbeasts.com


Disclaimer:
Fantastic Beasts' poster is not mine. All rights reserved to Warner Bros.

No comments: